On April 6, 2020, the Commission issued an order to conduct evidentiary hearings via video conference. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission adopted a revised order on August 24, 2021 allowing continued participation by video, subject to the presiding Deputy Commissioner’s approval in each case. Video hearings permit injured workers, attorneys/representatives, witnesses and other participants to attend hearings online when circumstances make in-person attendance difficult or unsafe. See below for more details:
- Instructions are included on your hearing notice or notice of continuance.
- Pre-filing of exhibits and medical records designations are mandatory and must be filed no later than seven (7) calendar days prior to the scheduled hearing.
- Minimum technical requirements are provided on our Webex System Requirements page.
- Learn more on our Video Hearings FAQ page.
- Instructions for Joining a Webex Meeting (Video Hearing).
- From https://vwc.webex.com users can Download the Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App, use the Cisco Webex Meetings Web App, or Download the Cisco Webex Meetings Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play.
Pre-filing of exhibits and medical records designations can be sent via U.S. Mail, fax, or uploaded via WebFile to a claim prior to a hearing using the Upload Documents/Forms feature. Details and instructions can be found in the WebFile Guide on the WebFile page for each corresponding user role.
Any member of the public who wishes to attend a particular hearing should contact the Commission for further instructions.
If you have problems accessing your Video Hearing you can Contact VWC in one of the following ways:
- Contact the Deputy Commissioner via the phone number on your Hearing Notice or Notice of Continuance.
- Contact Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission Customer Service at 1-877-664-2566.
- Email Questions@workcomp.virginia.gov.
Support is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:45 PM.
Be sure to test your system at least 48 hours prior to your hearing.