WebFile - Paperless Option for Claim Administrators
Claim Administrator organizations that use WebFile have the option to "go paperless". The organizations that opt into this program will rely only on electronic notifications from the Commission and will no longer receive paper copies of notices and filings.
Here are a few things to know about the paperless option:
- The paperless preference for Claim Administrator WebFile users is set at the organization level, not individually by user.
- Claim Administrator organizations may opt into or out of the paperless program at any time. However, they may not change their paperless option more than once per day.
- A Claim Administrator’s access to WebFile will now be based on the Trading Partner Documents submitted for EDI setup in Virginia.
- This means that you will only have access to those JCNs in WebFile that contain a Claim Administrator FEIN listed on your Trading Partner Documents.
- In addition, this means that if you select to go paperless, you will be turning on paperless for all companies, Claim Administrators, listed on your Trading Partner documents.
- When Claim Administrator users log in to WebFile, a banner at the top of the screen will display the current paperless status.
- WebFile users who are enrolled in the paperless program will be labeled with a green leaf icon indicating that they do not need a mailed copy of the filing.
The paperless program applies to all claims, all users, and all organizations listed for the Claim Administrator organization. The paperless option cannot be applied to selected claims, Claim Administrator personnel, or selected Claim Administrator organizations if more than one exists in their group.