Customer Contact Center FAQs


For general questions, please contact the Customer Contact Center toll free at 1-877-664-2566 from 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday - Friday. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1.

General questions may be emailed to For questions or problems regarding a specific claim, contact the Commission by mail or telephone. Please note that the Commission cannot accept filings via email.

I am an injured worker, what are my rights and responsibilities?

Hello—Each case is different. You may wish to contact us at 1-877-664-2566 and a representative will gladly assist as it relates to your rights and responsibilities.

I am an injured worker and have been awarded benefits. How do I seek medical treatment?

Hello—If you have a lifetime medical award, then you may wish to contact the Claim Administrator directly as it relates to the medical treatment. If you are unsure about the status of your claim, then you may wish to contact us at 1-877-664-2566.

How do I find a medical provider?

The Commission is a court system. We do not maintain lists of physicians or schedule medical appointments. You may wish to contact the Bureau of Insurance and ask for a list of insurance companies. The bureau can be reached at 1-800-552-7945.

Can you assist me with my unemployment benefits?

This agency assists those with on-the-job injuries. If you are inquiring about unemployment, then you may wish to contact the Virginia Employment Commission ( or call 866-832-2363. If you are an injured worker, please contact us at the number listed below for further assistance. If you unable to contact the Virginia Employment Commission, you may wish to contact the Office of the Inspector General at 800-723-1615 or

I have FOIA request can you help me with that?

FOIA (Virginia’s Freedom of Information Act) questions may be emailed to Evelyn V. McGill, FOIA Officer at

How do I get a settlement?

The Commission does not negotiate settlements. You may wish to contact your adjuster to determine if they are willing to offer a settlement. If so, then the Commission would only approve or disapprove the settlement.

I was injured on the job; how do I file a claim?

You may wish to file a claim by clicking and completing the form at this link:

Where can I fax my Worker’s Compensation paperwork back to?

You may wish to fax the documents to 804-823-6956.

I have locked myself out of my WebFile account. Can you help reset the password?

It may be best to contact us at 877-664-2566 and a representative will gladly assist further.

Do you have an Ombudsman office? If so, what services is provided and how do I reach them?

The Ombudsman Department is a free, confidential resource to provide information and assistance to workers, employers and other parties who are not represented by a lawyer, and who need help understanding the workers’ compensation system. The Ombudsman Department is headed by the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman Department cannot give legal advice, but can give information and discuss the options that are available, which allows an unrepresented party to make an educated decision about how to proceed. The Ombudsman Guidelines provide an explanation of what help assistance can and cannot be given. If you have questions regarding workers’ compensation, and are not represented by or have an attorney on retainer, whether you are a worker, an employer, an insurer, or health care provider, you can contact the Ombudsman Department with your questions at toll free: 1-833-448-1681.