[Richmond, VA]- The Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission is proud to announce its recognition as a 2021 Top Workplace in Virginia.
The accolade is the first of its kind for the Commission, which is recognized in the mid-size category, meaning 125-399 employees.
"This recognition is a remarkable achievement, considering that the results are based solely on voluntary, anonymous responses from Commission employees. We are pleased to have this kind of confirmation and know that our team feels their work is valued and our efforts to achieve a positive work culture and work life balance are being achieved." said Chairman R. Ferrell Newman.
The survey gathers responses regarding issues relating to the following:
- Alignment: where the company is headed, its values, cooperation, effective meetings;
- Coaching: managers care about concerns, are helpful, encourage employee development;
- Connection: employees feel appreciated, work is meaningful, working at full potential, clued in to each other;
- Engagement: productivity, retention and recruiting;
- Leadership: confidence in company leaders;
- Performance: execution, open-mindedness, innovation and clued-in leadership; and
- The Basics: pay, benefits, flexibility, training and expectations.